Checking the Current Status
You can view the current status of the Valve on the Valve Control screen of the Waterlock app.
To check the status on the Valve Controller, pressing the Valve Controller button will light the LED to indicate the current status of the Waterlock Valve.
1. A green LED indicates that the Valve is currently OPEN
2. A red LED indicates that the Valve is currently CLOSED
Opening / Closing the Valve
The Valve can be opened or closed (i.e. mains water on or off) by pressing and HOLDING the button for longer than 5 seconds. During the first 3 seconds, the current status will be displayed (as above) followed by a flashing LED to indicate the upcoming change. After 5 seconds, the LED will stay solid to indicate the new selected position.
To close the valve from the open position.
- Press and hold the button
- For the first 3 seconds, the LED will light GREEN to indicate the current status
- After 3 seconds, the LED will flash RED to indicated that the valve will close
- After 5 seconds, the LED will turn solid RED to indicate that the new position has been selected.
To open the valve from the closed position.
- Press and hold the button
- For the first 3 seconds, the LED will light RED to indicate the current status
- After 3 seconds, the LED will flash GREEN to indicated that the valve will open
- After 5 seconds, the LED will turn solid GREEN to indicate that the new position has been selected.
- If I use my Valve Controller to change my Valve position, does it change on the App as well? - Yes, any change that is made via your Waterlock Valve Controller is shown in the App.
- How can I see the currrent status of my Waterlock Valve without the App - Pressing the button on the Valve Controller for less than 3 seconds will light the LED on the Valve Controller to indicate it's current status (red= closed, green = open). If you hold it longer than 3 seconds, the valve will switch from open to closed or vice versa.
- Can I reopen my Valve in the event of a detected leak? - No. In the event of an automatic closure due to a detected leak, you will be unable to manually open your valve until the leak condition has cleared (i.e. the sensor is no longer reporting a leak). The valve will NOT open automatically - you can open the valve when you have confirmed that there are no remaining issues.
- I changed my valve status in the App, but it's not happening immediately - When you change the position of the Waterlock Valve, it can take up to 60 seconds for the action to complete. In the event that it takes longer than this, we suggest you try again, or check to ensure your Waterlock system has no connectivity issues (hub connected to the internet and an internet connection to your mobile device.