You can fine-tune your monitor to improve the accuracy of the energy consumption it presents. This is done using the “FINE TUNE” setting from the menu. Follow these steps to calibrate your device:
1) Take a reading from your electricity meter in the morning at a time when there is not much load on in your house and note down the ‘TODAY’ reading on your Minim+
e.g. Meter reading: 00324.5
2) Wait at least 10 hours. During this time use your household appliances as normal. Do not run this test over night!
3) Take another reading from your electricity meter when there is not much load on in your house note down the ‘TODAY’ reading on your Minim+
e.g. Meter reading: 00332.5
4) Work out the difference between your electricity meter readings.
e.g. 332.5 – 324.5 = 8
5) Work out the difference between your Minim ‘TODAY’ readings.
e.g. 10.15 – 1.5 = 8.6
6) Compare the two differences in readings, and work out the calibration factor using the following calculation
Meter reading / Minim reading = Calibration Factor
e.g. 8 / 8.6 = 0.93023
7) Round up your calibration factor to the nearest 100th and adjust the Fine-tune value in the settings menu to match.