You can fine-tune your monitor to improve the accuracy of the energy consumption it presents. This is done using the “FINE TUNE” setting from the menu. Follow these steps:
- Make a note of your meter reading
- Make a note of your usage presented by your monitor (i.e. THIS WEEK = 100 kWh)
- After a period of time (e.g. a week, the longer the better) take your meter and display readings again
- Calculate how many kWh you have used using the meter (i.e. meter reading 2 – meter reading 2)
- Calculate how many kWh your display thinks you have used.
Calculate your fine tune setting, this is the ratio of “kWh recorded by the meter divided by kWh recorded by your display